Wednesday 25 October 2017

Bye Bye Stink, Hello Pink.

Feeling Pink at Salon 2000
With Ronda Curry &
Kayla Churchley

Bye Bye Stink, Hello Pink
Written By; Tamara Thompson
Children's Author/Poet/Professional Blogger.

     Just about three and a half weeks ago, I suffered a loss, I had no idea how I would react to this loss.  I found myself sleeping almost all of the time, with no zest for my normal activities.  There was no skip in my step. My usual rosy disposition had vanished. I was in a rut, and going down hill fast. So who did I call? Ronda Curry from Salon 2000 in a small little town in Stayner, ON.

     About a week before my hair appointment, I thought long and hard about any new styles or colour that I would like. Seeing that I needed something to perk my spirits, I immediately thought PINK! "A whole head of pink". I spoke to my husband, he of course just wants to see me be happy and thriving.  He knew I would get a lift from something so fun and different!  I love pink, I adore pink, I always wear pink.  Pink lipstick, half of my wardrobe is coloured in pink, my slippers are pink, my jewelry is mostly pink. So, why not my hair too?  I asked my friends to choose a colour between pink and purple.  They all pointed to purple. But being the Pink Lady that I am, I wanted to colour my hair fully loaded in HOT PINK!!  I asked Ronda and Kayla, they agreed fully!  I knew my cheeks would be hurting after visiting my favourite salon. Though, I had no idea if my thoughts of a "rut kicker" would actually work.  I hoped that this pink shade and do over, would help bounce me back out of my stink. I was more then bouncing around.  After Ronda and Kayla, worked on my hair, from start to finish; the whole experience not only lifted my spirits,  it put me back on the road to success and fulfillment. Just three days later, I was offered not one, not two but three different job opportunities.  I blame my PINK locks and everyone at SALON 2000!

Tamara Thompson after visiting
Salon 2000 in Stayner, ON
"When I got home from Salon 2000
October 22nd, 2017
      I took a picture of my hair when I got home.  I was asked by Ronda, -to leave my hair without washing for at least 4 days.  She also instructed me to -wash my beautiful pink locks in cold water and -she said it would be good if I used a shampoo that is light, like a baby shampoo.  I listened intently and did exactly what she had asked.  Except, I left my hair without washing for five days instead of four.  I did what she said, I washed in ice cold water and I used baby shampoo.  My friend had mentioned that her hair after having the exact same colour, rinsed out after washing.  I am almost positive, that she had not been given these great suggestions. My hair appointment was on October 22nd 2017.  I decided on Tuesday, October 25th to wash my hair in cold water, with baby shampoo-"The results were nothing less then picture perfect pink!"
Tuesday, October 25th 2017
Picture Perfect Pink!
Salon 2000 Stayner, ON

     I was floored when I came out from washing my hair, it still looked the same as the day I went to visit Ronda and her staff. My friend obviously did not receive the same great suggestions.  I use to work in a Salon for a couple of years, so I knew that her instruction would keep my hair bright and beautiful and I still feel, almost six days later; "on top of the World". This pink shade and the ladies at Salon 2000 not only helped me kick my stink  away. Since that day at the Salon, I have been offered three very attractive job offers.  Where, I literally have to choose between them. I have had two interviews where the companies are wishing to hire me.  Pink really does suit me well. Pink got rid of my stink and Ronda the owner of Salon 2000 knew it!

     Salon 2000 is a small town salon in Stayner, ON on Hwy 26. Vacationers drive by this Gem, every time that they vacation at Blue Mountain, ON in Collingwood, ON; Wasaga Beach, ON; or Thornbury ON. The staff seem to flit from customer to customer so effortlessly, some what like a butterfly or bumble bee would; if butterflies and bee's could actually do hair. The ladies are always on top of their game, always making you feel like you are the only one in their chairs.  They listen to what you want, they take their time and never make you feel rushed. Ronda and her staff answer all and any questions or concerns thoroughly, they certainly make you feel beautiful.
Salon 2000
In the Heart of Stayner, ON
A step away from Blue Mountain ON &
Wasaga Beach, ON

     I use to get my hair done in the city and time and time again, I would leave disappointed, if not devastated.  To the hair dressers in the city, it seems I was always just a number.  It was apparent with my hair done wrong, that the city stylists never took the time to listen. Time and time again I would walk out of a Salon, having to hide my hair.  I remember one time, I wanted layers. It was the era when layers had just became the thing, once the TV Show Friends was hot.  Somehow I ridiculously came out of the salon looking like Carole Brady from the Brady Bunch, rather then Rachel from Friends.  Salon 2000 is a GEM!  I won't say it's a hidden gem, because they have their seats filled with happy returning clients, hourly!  Not only did the "Pink kick my Stink".  I was able to get back in the game of life and gain fruitful employment.  I am so relieved that Ronda new right away that Pink would suit me perfectly.  I left Salon 2000 happy, pampered, cared for and listened to; with my pink hair just right, with three job opportunities to really wrap my PINK head around.
Salon 2000 Staff (R) Kayla Churchley (L)
Owner and Stylist of Salon 2000; Ronda Curry (Middle)

Tamara Thompson
Stayner, ON, Resident
Author/Poet/Professional Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment