Saturday 21 March 2015

Don't Dismiss Their Wisdom

I love older people, I am very drawn to their laugh, gift of the chops, the wisdom, presence in their being, their nature.  For me, listening to the many wonderful older people I have had the pleasure of knowing, in the past and now is to me such a treasure.  Being a writer, I value spending time with "them" learning from their words like a reading a page turner, every word to me is precious  I find myself hanging on to them with grand fascination of where they came, how they grew, what they learned, how they lived and live. To me it is much like going to the movies, I can vision how they feel about matters, how they relate to the changing world and how I can learn from them, much more then I can offer myself.   I can relate to every thought, action and belief, finding myself really getting down to the point of the matter, to have tea or spend an afternoon is always special in so many ways.  I wold much rather spend a day and night, or many with someone older then someone my own age...I find them to be gifts to have in my life.

The best friends I have had in the last twenty or so years have been older woman, it is such a treat to see how these friends handle matters, handle problems.  They have been there and done that much more then I.  With each special older pal I have in my life-either family or other, I can truly feel myself grow.  Today there was a bit of a catastrophe, I had to call upon my faithful friend to reach out.  That is what I tend to preach, reach out in times of trouble.  I did and ever so glad.  Faithful and true with open arms they reached back, in a blink of a few spoken words all of the pieces were quickly picked up and put back together again.  Not saying that I could not go to a person my own age or younger.  The older, got what I needed, a friend.  I was holding in and had to release and release I did.  I knew if I talked to the older that I would feel better and again old faithful came through.

I have other faithfuls that I lean on for guidance, to me it is the best cure of getting back to the grips of handling your stuff.  I love sitting with the faithfuls, gabbing it out, not causing heartache, knowing that they know way more then me-they take the stage and I sit back like in a theater, waiting for the happy ending.  And with them, it always appears.  Not ever making matters worse, but knowing HOW to fix, HOW to piece back, HOW to help.  
 
Of course I do love the many in my life that are my age, going through the same motions, the same age span, the same ways.  I remember my grandfather, such a man of story telling, as to my grandmother.  I just loved sitting and listening to the good old days, all so different, all fascinating stories.  Miracles for me to have a guided hand in them.  "They" are faithful, there word is there word, maybe I am old fashion.  The knowledge we speak about is priceless.  Time goes by, fun is always had, they GET me, I get THEM.

They love to be there, and in turn, I will always be there too....selfless really in so many ways.  They care, so they are there and that is reciprocated time and time again.  My fondest memories are of the times I spent with these faithfuls, true to their world.  I look forward to them like a sponge as I soak it all in.  Remember the great times, give such thanks to there presence and being in my life.  

I really feel my most self when I am around the faithfuls, I allow myself to be in the moment with them, to have a blast, or lay low, whatever is on their agenda for the day...I love being a part of it!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment