Tuesday 12 August 2014

Robyn, The Legend and Honourable Life Of Humanity; a Success Story!


Robyn Williams
1951-2014
Photo from
http://arcbiz.org/robyn-williams/
Architectural Business Magazine
Photo By, Prarcbiz

He was fun to watch, had you on you on the edge of your seat, laughing, spilling over cups or choking while you tried to catch your breath to hear more of what this remarkable Man had to say.  I think back on his movies, all of which to me show a lesson on humanity while his characters reached out to the human race, either comedically or dramatically.  Robyn Williams dug deep to get a story or charactor across and boy did his charactors ever hit home and rival a nation.  He was simply Robyn.

One truly exceptional quality I valued in Robyn was his many faces of complete emotion.  When he looked sad I was sad when he portrayed lonely, I felt lonely when he smiled, I smiled, when he laughed, I laughed harder, if he showed anger, I too then felt anger, remorse; remorse.  He reached out to our seats, where we either saw him on television or the big screen as we felt everything that his character's wanted us to, we could feel all of these emotions with just one of his cute smiles or jolted glances.  He grabbed us, took us on a journey to laugh, to feel, to love or feel pain while doing so with style and grace.  He was inspirational in many ways, able to tell a story many times of hope and wonderment.  Mr. Robyn Williams was crystal clear with the messages of triumph, he owned trueness and touched mankind in everyway from the stages he stood on.  His Smile for me will never be forgotten, edged in my heart-feeling his character and him, all at once!

When Mr. Robyn Williams first came out that he was Bipolar, I was also diagnosed in the same time frame, approximately 20 years ago.  When I learned of his illness. I actually felt accepted from afar; not so lonely!  I thought...."Hmm...I have what he's got!" Because of this extraordinary man felt accepted for the first time in years.  When I learned of his courage to come forth with his Mental Health struggles, yet still carry, it did, in fact, make me feel a sense of oneness and power over my own illness. Knowing that I was not alone, but learned through him that we are all human and really equal in all cases!  He was one big reason I certainly wanted to become so forthcoming on my personal journey.  I thought, as a 25-year-old girl, many years ago."He has this, I have this too and people still accept, love and applaud him each and every time, willingly".  Personally, it made me feel a sense of hope, for myself and others.

The other person that gives me strength, if I may-to fight for these illnesses was my grandmother (Nanny).  She kept her secret with her, in her heart, Nanny along with Mr. Williams gave me enough gumpshun to tell everyone, everybody, that I have this too while they taught me to stay true to me and my illness and be brave.  So yes, all the babble of staying positive is so easy to say and share.  Stay up, don't get down, becomes quite redundant after a while, when you can't hang on, you don't feel strong enough.  I could easily sit in a slumber and say there is away.  The thing is people still don't understand, for one they do not realise we don't want them to understand.  That is the least of our worries trying to get a world to understand what one goes through with an illness of such.  When someone says to me, "I don't understand"...I am thinking, "I know...I know you don't understand." Even so, accept me as I am, we are no different.'

It is heart wrenching to hear of Robyn, his life though too extrodanary for words.  He did not walk around thinking he was better than anyone, he walked around with such true humanism and a straight forward jolt of comedic genius, that left behind a legend of life, a lesson on humanity and compassion Robyn is a success story, to me he is a survivor, he did survive his illness the best he could-he survived over and over and over....more times then we will ever know.  Robyn Williams, though having a sense of what he felt, I know he felt deep, what he loved, he loved deeply, what he joked about, made more laughs and standing ovations each and every time, when he showed hurt or anger on screen, it was riveting to see!

I actually feel lucky and blessed to have seen such an actor overcome so many things in order to "Do his thing"-and it was his thing, no one else had what he had.  He did survive this awful illness, to me, he did "make it" For me, he did seem to 'make it' OK! Robyn Williams is a Legend of true humanity, with the gentlest smile and spirit, always with a tilted twinkle in his eyes.  Oh yes, Mr. Williams triumphed, trumped everyone with his wit and simple charismatic charm, and he was funny!  To me not only did he survive, he became victorious in a fight we really knew nothing about until he shared that the too, has bad days.  As each of us struggles personally in similar or differing ways, so did Robyn as human as the heart of nature itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment