Saturday 14 February 2015

My Heart Belongs To You


My Heart Belongs To You
Valentines Day Poem 


My heart belongs to you, although I carry it deep down inside,
It is you that I have given it to, please cherish it, for all the years through.

I carried this heart for years, protecting it and making it strong,
Please keep it with you, for all the years long.

Give it shelter and space to grow, as it beats harder everyday,
It is a good heart, has much to give, and does so in many ways.

Give it peace and laughter while I lay my head at night,
Give it love and devotion, so please treat it right.

My heart means a lot to me, it carried me this far,
Before I had met you it was held tight, as if closed in a jar.

Because of you you it flutters and it sings,
Because of you I let someone in.

Keep it through all the good and any of the bad,
Keep it with you, when you are sometimes sad-

If I could give you much more, I would if I could,
I know you will love it, because our love is good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment