Wednesday 16 January 2019

Belle's Song 2015 Tamara Thompson

Belle’s Song 2015 Tamara Thompson


I wipe the morning from my eyes,
Sweet dreams of clouds scatter on by,
I give my hair a twist and a quick toss,
Look up at the clock,
Realize then, it’s way too early for any lipgloss.


I put on my cowgirl hats, as cowgirls do-
A pretty dress and some cowgirl boots.
I search high and low for my diamond ring.
I trot along and sing my cowgirl song.


I think of a boy, that I kinda sorta like,
Though he’s not worth a dime, or worth the fight.
There’s some chill in the western air,
Nothing but my song and some western flair.


Although it shows, they like to make fun,
It’s only begun, as tune my hum.
I’ll be the one who rides against the southern air,
Riding high on my horse,
With my cowgirl hat holding my hair.


I sit down to let out a sigh,
Not letting this dream pass me on by,
I shake it off, look to the southern sky,
I’ve got days to fill and horses to ride,
No time for confusion, or for boys that don’t care,
A western girl, who has a western flair,
I sing to the tunes of Dolly and June,
Don’t worry about me boys,
I won’t be home anytime soon.


You see me ride, without you by my side,
If you really want to know, I wished for you and I.
Through another day's done,
Goes down the southern sun,
I tune my hum, for a nother song, just begun.


You give me that look, like I'm now supposed to care,
It’s you my darlin’ who lost a southern girls flair,
I put on my lip gloss and toss my southern belle’s hair,
Yours missed your chance boy, you took me as a dare.


Pretend then that I don’t know your name,
I’m one in the same a lady and a dame,
Even a wild horse I can truly tame,
This gal’s got to go, i’m sorry for your shame.


I got my spurs, my saddle and I’m off to chase the sun,
I got a song in my heart and a ballad to be sung,
Say goodbye then ol’ fella, you know you had your chance,
To be with this southern belle, to have my first dance.
Instead then, I’ll sing, as I climb up on my stage,
That’s when you will see me next, when I have my own fan base.

No comments:

Post a Comment