Wednesday 16 January 2019

DragonFly 2017 Tamara Thompson

DragonFly 2017 Tamara Thompson

I saw you one day, then the next and the rest,
The summer, that I sipped my wine.
A dragonfly who would be my best friend,
I knew you would come, to speak to me-
To set me free.

Flying free as a dragonfly,
As I lay in the sun, sipping my wine.
Whispering with your wings,
How the world can be as beautiful,
That there is a life out there,
For mine to capture, as I drank my wine.

I didn’t believe you at first,
The day you first arrived,
I listened to you though,
My only friend, a blue dragonfly.

Why are you so blue?
I asked you and you asked me,
You had a message for me,
To lift my head up to see,
How beautiful the world can be,
As you spoke to me.

So I sat that summer,
Waited for you to drop by,
Fly in from your flight,
“What fool was I- to speak to a dragonfly”,
Though how was I to know, beauty from a lie?

I was crazy to speak to you,
Though you asked me to,
The summer you chimed in,
The summer I let you in,
Let go of my wine, what misery was I?

And live a life, slipping on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment