Wednesday 16 January 2019

Make Some Noise 2017 Tamara Thompson

Make Some Noise 2017 Tamara Thompson

He wakes, his tiny feet scrambling,
Hello, wake up, it is morning and it’s so new,
Let’s do something fun in the sun's afternoon.

He clampers and stomps as he wakes to lead the day,
He shouts, let’s go, let’s get out of this place.
The mother yawns, a favourable roar,
The father sleeps like a feather, not shaking awake,
The mother crawls from her place,
She is ready for the day.
The son yells breakfast at a loud instant and halt,
The mother whispers, it’s coming,
let’s sit while the sun comes up.

Good morning my boy, what a delight to be near you,
I could not bear to see you, clambering about,
I had to get up to, to see the sun come out.

Hello, dear mother, what a wonderful day,
It hasn't even started, but I am glad it started this way.
My dear boy, your smile, it’s incredible to see,
Your smile touches my heart so incredibly.

I can’t believe your mine,
I can’t believe I’m yours,
Can you believe it, you're here,
I am here too, I’m yours.

My son what a delight to see your bright eyes,
To see them makes me want to pick you up, up high,
Never mind sleeping, it can be done again at night,
This sight I have been given is all that is right.

I love you, my son, let’s stop the clock, I will show you the world,
Forget covers, for pillows or lying in bed.
Let’s sit forever, as I pick you up to show you the sky,
Not a day goes by, that I am thankful for my sweet lil' guy.

It’s you, it’s really you, I say this every day,
How could a mother's life be lived, there isn’t any other way,
Oh boy, my dear, my darling, my son,
You are richer than the ocean, then the moon or the sun.

I will take you to places, show you things you should see,
Like whales from riverboats, like rivers with undertones,
Like sand between the toes, and ice cream that is so cold,
Like love and tenderness, forgiveness through time,
Like sitting on the porch, reading, looking up with a smile,
Like living and wonder about everything there is,
Like laughter and cracks of courage
and about looking-
From only within.

There isn’t a day that goes by,
That I don’t remember your cries,
Your tears of pain, as I think back to the days,
You, just a lil’ boy, so eager to learn,
A mothers love was given the day you made it to Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment