Wednesday 16 January 2019

Gossip Kills 2017 Tamara Thompson

Gossip Kills 2017 Tamara Thompson

I sit quiet and watch the crowd,
their voices becoming angry and for me to loud.
I wait for the gossip come to an end,
snickering in corners, while I thought we were friends.

You may not know, but it hurts me so,
to be laughed at and taunted-"What, you think I don't know?"
Brushed aside for no reason, just a turn of the season.
I still try to be kind, you just say "Never Mind!"

No one is perfect for this I know.
I’m sick of the game, sick of the two and fro.
I would have been, could have been a friend,
Pretending to like me, then I turn to defend.

When you are alone, if no one seems to care,
It’s when you know a burning of someone’s stare.
So please bite your tongue, this room is quite small,
I can hear everything you say, from this side of the wall.

Stop the gossip please, it makes quite a loud sound,
Just one loud voice, shouting out from the crowds.
How would you feel, to be picked on-shunned aside,
It doesn't feel nice, Gossip is just a bunch of lies.

Stop lying to yourself and others you like to tell,
Gossip will kill deep inside, so leave your words behind.



No comments:

Post a Comment